Our Locanda Mistral is a small, charming family-run hotel where we offer an authentic and sustainable experience in the Maira Valley. By combining tradition with high standards in our hotel, the result is an oasis of tranquillity surrounded by unspoilt nature.
5 good reasons to stay with us
- Sustainability is our quality concept, the basis for all decisions. We work in harmony with nature, the local inhabitants and producers, with the aim of continuously improving our valley.
- Tradition and comfort: Locanda Mistral is an old farmhouse dating back to the 19th century. It has been renovated using natural and native materials, respecting the architectural richness of Occitan tradition.
- High quality and family management: Together with their team, Manuela and Renato create a cosy atmosphere with a hint of familiarity that will make you feel at home. The quality of the stay and services is fundamental to guaranteeing you a holiday characterised by unique and authentic experiences.
- Excellent gastronomy and a new restaurant: Manuela, the restaurant chef, will add an extra touch to your holiday by offering typical Occitan and Piedmontese cuisine, based on the highest quality, seasonal, locally produced ingredients, with particular attention to organic cultivation.
- Adventures at altitude: Locanda Mistral is the best starting point for your high-altitude adventures and outdoor sports. Renato has been an experienced mountain guide for more than 20 years. He has an in-depth knowledge of the history, culture, flora and fauna of the area and will accompany you both in summer and winter to discover the unspoilt landscape.
Who are we?
The hostsManuela is the restaurant chef and Renato has been an experienced mountain guide for more than 20 years. United by their love for the mountains, the history and the culture of the valley, Manuela and Renato look forward to offering you warm hospitality and attentive service to your needs. During your stay you will receive personalised information about your excursions that will make your holiday a unique experience.
- Agreements with guides and companions
- Customer shuttle service
- E-bike rental
- Green area
- Laundry service/washing machine use
- Outdoor relaxation area
- Payment by debit/credit cards
- Pets allowed
- Reception skills in English
- Reception skills in French
- Reception skills in German
- Reception skills in Occitan
- Sports equipment rental
- Sports equipment storage
- Structure suitable for disabled customers
- Structure suitable for families
We respect the environment
- Conscious recovery of a historic building
- Energy saving lighting systems
- Innovative systems for heating management
- Local cuisine with organic food at zero kilometers
- Plastic free approach
- Structure accessible by public transport
- Use of biodegradable cleaning products
- Waste sorting
- Cultural holiday
- Romantic weekend
- Sports holidays